Galway-based auctioneers O’Donnellan & Joyce has announced that it is holding two mega property auctions this month, the first on Friday July 12 and the second on Thursday July 25, in order to cater for the demand that currently exists.
According to Colm O’Donnellan of O’Donnellan & Joyce there is a tremendous number of properties being sold in the auction room currently, with a 95 per cent success rate to date for the company. The advantage to the buyers is that the auctions are open and transparent and there is exceptional value on offer, and the reserve prices (the minimum price) are all at a very low level in order to create sales. The advantages for the sellers is that they are getting property sold, and the sales are unconditional.
O’Donnellan & Joyce’s first auction on July 12 features 25 properties located throughout the city with a tremendous variety on offer, from the Bal licensed premises in Salthill at €350,000 to prime city properties in Salthill. These include a four bedroom semi at No 8 Glenard, Salthill, €380,000; a four bedroom detached house at No 17 Lenaboy Gardens, Salthill, €200,000; No 13 Moyola Park, Newcastle, €270,000; No 14 Rivendell, Taylor’s Hill, a four bedroom detached house, €350,000; Ballard, Barna, a four bedroom detached house, €200,000; No 99 Forster Court, College Road, a four bedroom semidetached house, €175,000; Dublin Road, Athenry, a large bungalow at €120,000; Cahermorris, Corrandulla, a four bedroom bungalow at €110,000; No 5 Rocklands Avenue, Ballybane, a three bedroom semi, €50,000; Cnocan Glas, Spiddal, a detached residence at €100,000; Cleggan, Connemara, an unfinished cottage at €80,000; Cregboy, Claregalway, a four bedroom detached residence at €200,000; No 17 Merchants Road, a semi-derelict residence at €65,000; No 30 Gleann na Coille, Barna Road, a four bedroom semidetached residence at €160,000; and No 89 Renville Village, a three bedroom bungalow at €195,000.
There are a number of apartments on offer on the day such as No 13 Glasan, Ballybane, three bedrooms, at €80,000; No 32 Gort na Coiribe, a two bedroom ground floor apartment at €110,000; No 49 Dun Aras, Bishop O’Donnell Road, a two bedroom apartment, €80,000; No 1 Bridgewater Court, Dominick Street, a two bedroom first floor apartment, €80,000; No 98 Ocean Wave, Salthill, a two bedroom ground floor apartment at €160,000; and No 22 Fisherman’s Wharf, a three bedroom city centre penthouse, €140,000.
There are three parcels of land, two of them at Drum, Bushypark, seven acres at €40,000 and 1.01 acres with disused dwelling for €90,000. The third parcel is 10 acres in Mountbellew for €50,000.
The July 25 auction will be a combination of commercial and residential properties, and one of Galway’s finest farms at Mount Foran, Oranmore.
The following is a list of the properties and the open viewing times.
- Mount Foran, Oranmore: Magnificent detached residence surrounded by 4.6 acres of mature gardens, one of Galway’s finest residential homes. AMV on request. Viewings by appointment only.
- Mount Foran, Oranmore: Forty six acres of prime agricultural lands with outbuildings. AMV on request.
- Laraghmore, Ballyglunin: A four bedroom dormer bungalow, AMV €150,000. Open viewing Thursday and Saturday 11am to 12 noon.
- No 11 Cherry Park, Newcastle: A three bedroom semidetached home, AMV €140,000. Open viewing Thursday and Saturday 3.30pm to 4.30pm.
- Barrack Street, Loughrea: A two storey residence in need of refurbishment, AMV €35,000. Open viewing Tuesday and Sunday 3.30pm to 4.30pm.
- No 6 Westlodge, Athlone: A four bedroom semidetached residence, AMV €80,000. Open viewing Tuesday and Sunday 2pm to 3pm.
- Shop unit, Spiddal: A 353sq ft retail unit with street frontage, AMV €50,000. Open viewing Tuesday and Sunday 12.30pm to 1.30pm.
- Shop unit, Spiddal: A 353sq ft retail unit just off the main street, AMV €25,000. Open viewing Tuesday and Sunday 12.30pm to 1.30pm.
- No 40 Dun Aras, Bishop O’Donnell Road: A two bed apartment within student complex. AMV €80,000. Open viewing Wednesday and Saturday 3.30pm to 4.30pm.
- Unit 3 An Triantan, Headford Road: An 1,100sq ft retail unit adjacent to Centra, AMV €25,000. Open viewing Tuesday and Sunday 2pm to 3pm.
- Unit 4 An Triantan, Headford Road: A 1,100sq ft retail unit adjacent to Centra, AMV €25,000. Open viewing Tuesday and Sunday 2pm to 3pm.
- No 106 Forster Court, Forster Street: A three bed semidetached residence, AMV €175,000. Open viewing Wednesday and Saturday 2pm to 3pm.
- Clonboo, Headford: A bungalow on 0.5 acre site, AMV €150,000. Open viewing Thursday and Saturday 2pm to 3pm.
- Cashel Cottage, Cashel, Connemara: A two bedroom cottage, AMV €100,000. Open viewing Sundays 11am to 12 noon.
- Corbally, Claregalway: A five bedroom detached family home, AMV €55,000. Open viewing Thursday and Saturday 5pm to 6pm.
- No 5 Fuchsia Lane, Roundstone: A three storey, three bedroom residence close to the harbour, AMV €150,000. Open viewing Sundays 11am to 12 noon.
- No 35 Cashel Court, Knocknacarra: A two bedroom ground floor apartment, AMV €95,000. Open viewing Thursday and Saturday 5pm to 6pm.
- No 178 Bohermore: A three bedroom terraced residence, AMV €150,000.
For further particulars in relation to the auctions on Friday July 12 and Thursday July 25, with both taking place at 3pm in the Harbour Hotel, Dock Street, Galway, contact the auction team at O’Donnellan & Joyce, (091) 564212.